This class assesses current and potential future energy systems, covering resources, extraction, conversion, and end-use technologies, with emphasis on meeting regional and global energy needs in the 21st century in a sustainable manner. Instructors and guest lecturers will examine various renewable and conventional energy production technologies, energy end-use practices and alternatives, and consumption practices in different countries.
Students will learn a quantitative framework to aid in evaluation and analysis of energy technology system proposals in the context of engineering, political, social, economic, and environmental goals. Students taking the graduate version, Sustainable Energy, complete additional assignments.
For additional information, see the program link below.
- Institution Name: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Department: MIT OpenCourseWare
- Address: 77 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02139
- Website: https://ocw.mit.edu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 617-253-0266