The overarching goal of this IGERT is to educate a new generation of researchers able to integrate engineering, environmental science, and social science to better position the U.S. in global competitiveness in wind energy. Specifically the overall program goals are to:
- Encourage and motivate students, particularly those from underrepresented groups, to pursue research careers in renewable energy.
- Create an environment in which students and faculty engage in transformative interdisciplinary research.
- Provide students with a curriculum that achieves both deep knowledge in their chosen field and inter-disciplinary knowledge across fields related to wind energy including exposure to state-of- the-art topics through an innovative real-time case study (on a proposed wind installation in Hull, MA), international exchanges, and training in participatory communication.
- Provide students with skills and strategies for professional success including mentoring and activities centered on career guidance and ethics.
For additional information, please see link below.
Program Link: https://windenergyigert.umass.edu/igert-program
This program is supported by a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship (IGERT) program, enabling The University of Massachusetts Amherst to conduct this interdisciplinary graduate program in Offshore Wind Energy.
- Institution Name: UMass Amherst - Wind Energy Center
- Address: 181 Presidents Drive, Amherst, MA 01003
- Website: http://www.umass.edu
- Name: Jody Lally
- Title: Program Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 413-545-4359