This one-day workshop will enable participants to design and build durable and effective high R-value walls and to explain these walls to customers, code officials, and others. High R-value walls are an important strategy for meeting the energy efficiency requirements of zero energy homes, deep energy retrofits, Passive Houses, and stretch energy code-compliant homes.
Topics covered within this training include:
- Definition of high R-value walls
- Thermal bridging, heat loss, and materials
- Overview of a high R-value wall options
- Benefits and costs of building high R-value walls
- Construction details for rigid exterior foam walls
- Construction details for double stud walls
- Moisture management in high R-value walls
Workshop includes handouts, lunch, and 1 day of classroom instruction with high R-value mock-ups. Continuing education hours include 5.5 hours for Massachusetts CSL, 5.5 hours for AIA, and 5.5 hours for BPI.
- Institution Name: Center for EcoTechnology
- Department: Training
- Address: 320 Riverside Drive, Suite 1A, Florence, MA 01062
- Website: http://www.cetonline.org/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 413-586-7350