An online course for the design/build community to learn how clean heating and cooling technologies and renewable energy sources such as solar PV are changing the Massachusetts marketplace. The training will provide residential new construction professionals the latest information on reliable, cost-effective, energy-efficient technologies and incentives with the goal of smoothly integrating them into the home building process.
This training program offers three different tracks:
- Fundamentals of Clean Technology & Design: Introductory lessons to clean energy solutions including Air Source Heat Pumps, Solar Thermal, Solar PV, and Geothermal.
- Advanced Clean Heating & Cooling: In-depth lessons covering Air Source Heat Pump equipment & design considerations as well as the latest in Hydronics.
- Advanced Clean Energy & Renewables: Comprehensive lessons focused on benefits of solar installation & preparedness, solar in real estate, and energy storage.
The development of the Start Smart training was sponsored by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center.
Please see the program link below for additional information.
Program Link: https://www.heatspring.com/instructors/michael-simons
Note: This is a free, self-paced, online training. A similar training is offered through Abode Energy Management that requires an enrollment fee, and provides eligibility for CEUs upon completion. Information about that training can be found at https://abodeem.thinkific.com/.
- Institution Name: HeatSpring
- Address: 501 Cambridge Street, Suite 201, Cambridge, MA 02141
- Website: https://www.heatspring.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-800-393-2044