The Department of Civil Engineering offers a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a concentration in environmental resources engineering. Engineers in this field apply civil engineering principles and processes to solve problems relating to air pollution, water pollution, solid waste and hazardous waste management, renewable energy, and water resources engineering.
The environmental resources engineering concentration emphasizes:
- assessment of the environmental impact of new or existing products or processes
- methods for solving problems resulting from pollution
- management of energy and resources in order to minimize pollution
Your program of study will provide in-depth knowledge of environmental engineering and an awareness of potential social, economic, political, and environmental impacts of environmental engineering practices.
See program link below for additional information.
- Institution Name: UMass Dartmouth
- Address: 285 Old Westport Road, Dartmouth, MA 02747
- Website: https://www.umassd.edu
- Name: Daniel MacDonald
- Title: Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 508-910-6334