This concentration is designed to provide students with a fundamental understanding of earth processes as well as the specific tools they will employ as environmental geoscience professionals. Career opportunities for graduates exist in federal, state and local government service, industry and environmental studies both with regulatory agencies and consulting firms.
The selection of appropriate elective courses within the major as well as in the cognate disciplines of biology and chemistry will prepare the student for environmental work related to the detection and monitoring of pollutants as well as for remediation of affected areas.
- Institution Name: Bridgewater State University
- Department: Geological Sciences
- Address: 131 Summer St., Bridgewater, MA 02325
- Website: https://www.bridgew.edu/
- Title: Undergraduate Admissions
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 508-531-1237