Western New England University’s new Civil Engineering (CE) major will educate you to become a leader in this important and in-demand profession. The CE major will provide students with a broad and well-integrated background in the concepts, theories, and methodologies needed to plan, design, analyze, develop, organize, and manage civil engineering projects. You will gain expertise in the major areas of civil engineering while learning innovative design skills working on modern equipment in our state-of-the-art laboratories.
A Growing Field
The Bureau of Labor Statistics lists civil engineers as holding the highest percentage of all engineering jobs and the demand for civil engineers is expected to grow by 24% of the decade 2008-2018. Spurred by population growth and the related need to improve the nation’s infrastructure, more civil engineers will be needed to design and construct or expand transportation, water supply, and pollution control systems, and buildings and building complexes.
- Institution Name: Western New England University
- Department: College of Engineering
- Address: 1215 Wilbraham Road, Springfield, MA 01119
- Website: https://www1.wne.edu/index.cfm
- Name: Charlie Pollock
- Title: Vice President for Enrollment Management, Undergrad Admissions
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 413-782-1562