Northern Essex Community College offers both BPI Building Analyst and Envelope Shell Training and Certification Courses. In addition, students may opt to combine the two levels at reduced time and cost. Since the skills are transferable, the training and certification can be valuable not just for energy auditors, but also for anyone involved in weatherization, insulation, HVAC, home construction, home inspection, air quality and design. Anyone can become a BPI Certified Building Analyst; there are no prerequisites.
1. BPI Building Analyst Certification Preparation for Energy Auditors and Others
This program provides job training and preparation for the nationally recommended BPI Building Analyst I Certification for energy auditors and others involved in the field of residential energy conservation. This course combines classroom and hands-on training to provide individuals with the knowledge necessary to provide homeowners with an overview of energy consumption and options to save money by solving heating, cooling and air leakage problems that drive up energy costs. Aligned with the Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst professional standards for energy auditing, this program provides instruction for energy efficiency analysis using the house-as-a-system approach and prepares you for both the written and field certification examination administered at the end of the class
2. BPI Envelope Shell Certification Training
This residential specialization focuses on ways to enhance the envelope’s thermal and pressure boundaries through insulation and air sealing techniques and explores not just what’s happening and what to do about it, but also why problems related to the building envelope such as moisture, ice dams, mildew and drafts were created in the first place. You’ll enhance your skills, propel your career and make your company eligible to be an accredited contractor if in an industry field like insulation, weatherization, window installation, etc. This program includes classroom instruction, field training, written exams and field exams and is great for HERS Raters, BPI Building Analyst professionals, home inspectors, HVAC professionals, general contractors and more.
3. BPI Building Analyst Certification and BPI Envelope Shell Certification Training Combination Program
This program allows students to complete the training and certification testing for both in just five days at a reduced cost.
For more information, please visit the program site below.
Program Link: https://www.necc.mass.edu/noncredit/
Program and instructors provided by Everblue Training Institute, premier international sustainable education provider and BPI affiliate with a pass rate of over 90%.
* Please note that while in most instances, the program and testing can be completed in the timeframe noted, in some instances an additional day (Saturday) may be necessary due to class size and/or testing schedules.
- Institution Name: Northern Essex Community College
- Department: Riverwalk
- Address: 360 Merrimack Street, Building 9, Lawrence, MA 01840
- Website: https://www.necc.mass.edu/
- Name: Diane Zold-Gross
- Title: Program Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 978-659-1200