An online course for the design/build community to learn how clean heating and cooling technologies and renewable energy sources such as solar PV are changing the Massachusetts marketplace. The training will provide residential new construction professionals the latest information on reliable, cost-effective, energy-efficient technologies and incentives with the goal of smoothly integrating them into the home building process.
This training program offers three different tracks:
- Fundamentals of Clean Technology & Design: Introductory lessons to clean energy solutions including Air Source Heat Pumps, Solar Thermal, Solar PV, and Geothermal.
- Advanced Clean Heating & Cooling: In-depth lessons covering Air Source Heat Pump equipment & design considerations as well as the latest in Hydronics.
- Advanced Clean Energy & Renewables: Comprehensive lessons focused on benefits of solar installation & preparedness, solar in real estate, and energy storage.
The development of the Start Smart training was sponsored by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center.
Please see the program link below for additional information.
Program Link: https://abodeem.thinkific.com/
Participants completing this training may qualify for Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) for CSL, BPI, RESNET and PassiveHouse.
Note: A similar training is offered through HeatSpring at no cost, but without the eligibility for CEUs. Information about that free training can be found at https://www.heatspring.com/courses/selling-the-sun.
- Institution Name: Abode Energy Management
- Address: 555 Virginia Road, Concor, MA 01742
- Website: https://www.abodeem.com/home
- Name: Travis Estes
- Title: Chief Operating Officer
- Email: Travis.Estes@abodeem.com
- Phone: 339-707-0918