In the HVAC/Refrigeration program students will learn the skills required for entry level technician jobs in the HVAC/Refrigeration field and obtain credited hours towards a refrigeration license. While installing, assembling and troubleshooting state of the art HVAC/Refrigeration systems in a laboratory environment, students will learn to use all of the tools and equipment that are necessary to become a successful HVAC/Refrigeration Technician.
Students will take courses in shop math, mechanical drawing, applied physics and chemistry, electronics, blueprint reading, and computer applications. An introduction to plumbing and electrical work will give a basic understanding to the world of HVAC. Students will learn about theory of temperature control, equipment design and construction, and electronics. They will also learn the basics of installation, maintenance, and repair as well as receive a working knowledge of green construction applications.
- Institution Name: Medford Vocational Technical Public High School
- Department: Vocational/Technical
- Address: 489 Winthrop Street, Medford, MA 02155
- Website: https://www.medfordpublicschools.org/schools/medford-vocational-technical-high-school/
- Name: Ghad Fallon
- Title: Principal/Director
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 781-393-2207