Leaders are increasingly being held responsible and accountable for the manner in which they lead, and if they are adhering to ethical behavior when they make decisions. Organizations have learned that the costs of unethical actions can be high, both legally, and from the perspective of brand image and reputation.
At the same time, research is showing that good business ethics translates to good business results. Leading in an ethical manner can provide a clear advantage in building a thriving enterprise. This course reviews the key issues surrounding leadership and business ethics.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the role of ethics in the workplace and for leadership
- Describe some of the major ethical frameworks used in developing business ethics
- Discuss the use of ethical standards and ethics codes in the workplace
- Recognize the role of leadership in setting the ethical tone for an organization
- Apply ethical principles to workplace scenarios
For additional details, please see provider’s link below.
- Institution Name: UMass Dartmouth
- Department: Professional and Continuing Education
- Address: 285 Old Westport Road, North Darmouth, MA 02747
- Website: http://www.umassd.edu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 508-999-9202