With more than 7 billion people on the planet, climate change dominating the headlines, and growing scarcity of natural resources, there is a strong need for individuals and organizations to design and implement effective sustainability and environmental management solutions. Through this professional graduate certificate, gain an advantage in the workplace, deepen your knowledge, and demonstrate your expertise in sustainability.
Key learning outcomes
- Understand the benefits of conventional and renewable energy systems; issues surrounding new transportation technologies; energy intensity of food production; effects of supply chain management and international commerce in energy security, energy management in buildings; and mechanisms needed to evolve into sustainable energy operations.
- Implement sustainability management at the nexus of a local business, local government, and community, as well as use management systems and performance frameworks.
- Leverage your knowledge of focused subject areas—such as environmental economics, greenhouse emissions management, sustainable building design, sustainable supply chain management, environmental toxicology, or risk management—to achieve a specific objective.
No application is required. You simply register for graduate courses during our fall, spring, or summer registration periods.
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete five certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
If you’re also considering a master’s degree and have earned a bachelor’s degree, certain certificate courses can also be counted as electives in a related degree field.
- Institution Name: Harvard Extension School
- Department: Graduate Certificates
- Address: 51 Brattle St., Cambridge, MA 02138
- Website: https://www.extension.harvard.edu/
- Title: Harvard Extension School
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 617-495-4024