This program prepares individuals for employment in entry-level positions in the heating and air conditioning industry. Fundamentals of oil burner and air conditioning maintenance, repair, and installation are the focus of this program. Students are given the opportunity to earn additional awards by taking the Certificate of Competency and Stationary Fireman’s examinations as directed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Safety, and the EPA Technician certification. Students who complete the required course of study are prepared for employment in one of the following occupations: heating systems technician, refrigeration technician, power plant operator, and electrical controls troubleshooter.
- Institution Name: Springfield Technical Community College
- Address: Armory Square, Suite 1, Springfield, MA 01102
- Website: http://www.stcc.edu/
- Name: Robert Bujak
- Title: Department Chair
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 413-781-7822 x5308