Businesses and institutions improve their environmental performance to reduce costs, attract customers, and help sustain our ecosystem. This program provides you with the background and understanding necessary to achieve these goals.
The course is divided into three sections:
- The context for greening your organizations: the major environmental issues of our lifetime, including climate change, looming water shortages, ocean degradation, and the accumulation of synthetic chemicals in the environment. You will also study a topic of your own choosing.
- How to live a more environmentally-friendly lifestyle. This knowledge will provide you with the standing and the framework to green your organizations.
- Why it is important to green your business, and how to go about it.
The course includes a field trip to a business that has become a green leader in its field, and has improved its bottom line as a result. You will learn what the organization did, how it overcame obstacles to success and how it benefits from going green. We will have a conversation with the business’s environmental champion.
When you successfully complete this course, you will receive 2.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Program Link: http://www.umb.edu/academics/uc/corporate/green-business
Instructor: Dan Ruben. Dan Ruben is the Executive Director of Boston Green Tourism, a catalyst for expanding the use of environmentally friendly practices in Greater Boston’s hotels and convention centers.
- Institution Name: Umiversity of Massachusetts Boston (UMass Boston)
- Department: Corporate and Professional Development
- Address: 100 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125
- Website: http://www.umb.edu/academics/uc/corporate
- Name: Shona Jackson
- Title: Corporate and Professional Development
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 617-287-6934