The Building Analyst and HERS Rater training is based upon a broad building science curriculum. It presents a solid scientific foundation upon which inspectors and auditors can build an accurate understanding of modern buildings. Each topic includes an overview of the technology, examples of typical installations and their defects, procedures for performing audits, and guidelines for analyzing potential retrofits. A balanced approach to building performance is presented here that addresses energy efficiency, building durability, and human health. The information presented here covers the topic areas included in the BPI Building Certification Model, the RESNET Home Energy Rating Standards, and the WAP Core Competencies. Students who complete the course will possess the skills needed to sit for the BPI and RESNET exams
This training includes BPI, HERS, and Weatherization Auditor in one package. The course is specifically designed to:
- Train a person to conduct energy ratings on new homes or audits on existing homes.
- Help prepare for the RESNET written and field exams.
- Help prepare for the BPI written and field exams.
- Train a person to work as a rater or auditor for the Weatherization Program.
- Teach how a house is tested for leakiness.
- Teach where to look for reducing energy bills.
Some additional field work/training is required before the RESNET certification can be obtained. Some additional field work/training is extremely helpful, but not required before the BPI Certification can be obtained.
120 Hours / Mentor Supported
- Institution Name: Bunker Hill Community College
- Department: Community Education - Green and Renewable Energy
- Address: 250 New Rutherford Avenue, Boston, MA 02129
- Website: http://www.bhcc.mass.edu/
- Phone: 1-800-371-2963