In this 15-credit certificate program, students will learn about sustainable farming methods and the education and policy changes needed to effect a global move to sustainable farming methods. The certificate will help prepare students in three areas of study:
- Sustainable Farming Systems
- Public Policy and Advocacy
This online program has been particularly attractive to the fastest growing farm demographic in New England, farms managed by women. To meet the demands of those with busy lives, online classes may be taken on your own schedule.
The Certificate may be completed entirely ONLINE, but many of the courses are also available on campus. Courses may be taken individually or toward fulfillment of the Certificate and credits earned may be applied to a Bachelor of Science degree.
Please see the provider’s website for additional details about this program.
Program Link: https://stockbridge.cns.umass.edu/SFF-Certificate
- Institution Name: UMass Amherst - Continuing and Professional Education
- Department: Continuing and Professional Education
- Address: 100 Venture Way, Hadley, MA 01035
- Website: http://www.umassulearn.net/
- Name: John Gerber
- Title: Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 413-545-5301