The Atmospheric Science concentration of the Environmental, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences program focuses on meteorology, but also includes components dealing with atmospheric physics and chemistry, solar-terrestrial and ocean-atmosphere interactions, air pollution and air pollution control, and global climate change due to man-made emissions. The program educates students about the fundamental principles and techniques of physics and mathematics that are necessary for understanding atmospheric behavior and for solving practical problems concerning weather, climate and air pollution. Because atmospheric science is primarily the application of the principles and techniques of physical sciences to the study of the atmosphere, the curriculum specifies a substantial core of supporting science and mathematics courses.
- Institution Name: University of Massachusetts Lowell (UMass Lowell)
- Address: 220 Pawtucket Street, Lowell, MA 01854
- Website: https://www.uml.edu/
- Title: Undergraduate Admissions
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 978-934-3931