This is a one day (8 hour) training. The Department of Energy and the Building Performance Institute require the use of the ventilation standard, ASHRAE 62.2-2010, Ventilation and Acceptable Indoor Air Quality in Low-Rise Residential Buildings. This training will address the details of this national standard, including local ventilation, whole-building ventilation, and practical installation methods. We will cover design examples as a class. Other details of the ASHRAE 62.2010 standard will be discussed, including fan control, noise level, measuring fan flow, ducting, and more.
This training offers 4 units for BPI continuing education (CEU) / Code Review 1hr, Workplace Safety 1hr, Energy 4hrs for CSL continuing education.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- Understand how ASHRAE 62.2 will change the role of BTLa/MVG
- Learn the elements of ASHRAE 62.2-2010
- Understand how to calculate ASHRAE 62.2 compliant fan CFM
- Be exposed to different IAQ ventilation strategies
- Learn an inexpensive method to measure exhaust fan CFM
- Be exposed to a practical weatherization work flow sequence
Program Link: http://www.smoc.org/green-jobs-academy.php
Additional DetailsThis program is funded by the US Department of Energy with assistance from the MA Clean Energy Center, the MA State Energy Partnership and SMOC. Equal Opportunity Employer/Program-Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- Institution Name: Green Jobs Academy
- Department: Workforce Development
- Address: 300 Howard Street, Framingham, MA 01720
- Website: http://www.smoc.org
- Notes: Green Jobs Academy also offers Advanced Blower Door & Pressure Diagnostics, ASHRAE 62.2, Combustion Safety, Crew Chief, OSHA 10, OSHA 30, Quality Control Inspector, RRP Lead training.
- Name: Suzanne Domestico
- Email: SDomestico@smoc.org
- Phone: 508-626-7150