This 12-week, classroom-based program incorporates components in renewable energies, green roof technologies, weatherization and energy auditing with strong components in job search/job retention, presentation/ networking skills, computer skills, customer service skills, soft skills and an overview of the renewable energy field especially as it relates to energy conservation, retrofitting, energy efficiency and weatherization, technologies, and construction process. The program also includes a 2-week employer-based internship offering participants the opportunity to utilize their new skills while working with partner employers.
- 14 weeks (350 hours) of classroom and internship leading to a rewarding position in sales, customer service, manufacturing, energy auditing
- 40 hours of internship at partner employer worksites
- Strong emphasis on development of strong job search and job retention skills
- Components in computer, sales, and customer service skills
- Assistance in identifying potential employment opportunities with partner and other employers
- Classes meet Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Operation A.B.L.E. at 131 Tremont Street in Downtown Boston.
- Low-income and/or receiving unemployment benefits
- Age 18 or older
- Authorization to work in the US
- Previous experience in office supports, sales, customer service, construction, maintenance or the trades
- Score 8th grade or higher on TABE reading & 8th grade on math skills test, basic computer skills
- GED or HS diploma
Program Link: http://www.operationable.net/training_programs.html
- Institution Name: Operation A.B.L.E.
- Address: 131 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02111
- Website: http://www.operationable.net/
- Name: Rose Hom
- Title: Program Contact
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 617-542-4180 x125